Asylum Round 2, Day 3 - Pam

Back to core is the most mentally-challenging Asylum workout for me.  As Andy has said, upon first glance you think it's pretty low-key and not so tough but this is, of course, not the case.

Prior to trying this workout in my first round I thought it was an ab workout as we are so used to thinking of our core as the front of our mid-section.  I was disappointed when I realised I wasn't getting a whole Asylum-style workout for my abs.  I used to dislike working my back as I felt that it was not an area that you would see a difference in, or that I even had any desire to see a difference in.  However, the big changes that I saw in my back when doing the first round changed my mind and I now really value the back-work.

Thankfully I was back at work today so my usual morning routine resumed:  5 or 5.30 alarm, BCAAs, pre-workout, protein shake, clothes, press play.

I enjoyed the workout.  The warm-up is pretty low-key compared to other Shaun T warm-ups but it still manages to get you sweaty from the first minute.  The rotator split lunges are evil!  They get your back but also your quads.  I have yet to do the iso-hold and the pulses the whole way through.  That is a work in progress.

In my final week of round one, I broke the green band that comes with the Asylum set (my Incredible Hulk moment).  I ordered what I thought would be good alternatives from eBay but they are too thick and have too much tension for my needs in the lat pull downs.  Therefore I tried using the band provided with Turbo Fire.  This does have a good amount of tension for me.  However, since there is so much of this band, it really digs into the inside of my thumbs.  I decided, half-way through to do it Ariel-style and lose the band.  It is surprising how much this actually works your lats if you really concentrate on the muscle and keep good form.  I will go between this and the band in my next workout.

All-in-all, a successful workout.  It's strange how a workout routine makes a work-day seem like a positive thing.  Strange but true!

Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About TWP

My photo
Team Wolf Pack are three friends, brought together through a passion for improving their own health and fitness, and motivating others to do the same. We are knowledgeable in nutrition, working out and in how to motivate. Our aim is to help others to achieve their goals, whether they be to lose weight, gain muscle, improve fitness or simply maintain optimum health. Please feel free to join our Facebook support group: Team Wolf Pack (https://www.facebook.com/groups/211371792311974/) Here, we will answer any questions you may have about Beachbody programs, working out, nutrition and the fitness industry in general. You will also find a large group of like-minded people, who support and motivate each other. We achieve greater results as part of a committed team. Team Wolf Pack is made up of real people with real results. We have a great team and have tested all Beachbody programs. We can give a solid review on every product, as well help you to get the best results from them. Team Wolf Pack is led by: Pam McVey, Jason Bennett and Andy Powers

Followers

Powered by Blogger.