Asylum Round 2, Day 2 - Pam

I have got a great routine on the days that I go to work but today was a holiday for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.  Therefore I did my usual non-work-day procrastinating.  I lay in bed too long and then had to eat a proper meal before I was able to workout.  I then went through the usual 'I need to hold off a little after eating', 'I think I need to eat again to get a bit more energy'  etc.  This lasted until after 5pm and then I felt like I was in a good position to bring it.

Today's workout was 'strength'.  This has to be my favourite workout of all time.  I really do believe it is workout perfection.  It works you hard in cardio, strength and balance.  Not having done this workout for about 3 weeks, I couldn't quite remember which weights to use.  Shaun T and the others in the DVD stick to the same weight throughout the warm-up but I prefer to switch weights so I am pushing myself in each move, but also able to keep good form throughout.  It works for me!   The warm-up is TOUGH!  It seems to last a long time but the moves progress so it does bring you in safely, while warming up the muscles throughout your body.

I used 8.5kg on the chest/ab section, which felt like a lot heavier than I previously used.  My chest in particular really had to work hard to avoid 'smashing my face'.

The endorphins released during and after this workout are incredible!  It leaves you feeling so strong and capable.  Shaun T's words of motivation make you push beyond what you think you are capable of.  In a word: INCREDIBLE!  

Pam

About TWP

My photo
Team Wolf Pack are three friends, brought together through a passion for improving their own health and fitness, and motivating others to do the same. We are knowledgeable in nutrition, working out and in how to motivate. Our aim is to help others to achieve their goals, whether they be to lose weight, gain muscle, improve fitness or simply maintain optimum health. Please feel free to join our Facebook support group: Team Wolf Pack (https://www.facebook.com/groups/211371792311974/) Here, we will answer any questions you may have about Beachbody programs, working out, nutrition and the fitness industry in general. You will also find a large group of like-minded people, who support and motivate each other. We achieve greater results as part of a committed team. Team Wolf Pack is made up of real people with real results. We have a great team and have tested all Beachbody programs. We can give a solid review on every product, as well help you to get the best results from them. Team Wolf Pack is led by: Pam McVey, Jason Bennett and Andy Powers

Followers

Powered by Blogger.